Saturday, May 12, 2012

Reflecting on Reading A to Z 2012

This year, I think I was out to prove something to myself. Last year, I started out with gusto, determined to find 26 authors and/or books that I felt were worthy of sharing with readers. I didn't get very far. Once Dad was in the hospital, I simply didn't have the time nor the energy to keep up with it.

This year, I had the blog titles prepared well in advance, like in February. I finished researching most of them during that first weekend. Time then got away from me, and I was unable to post every day. I was really sick over Spring Break, which was supposed to be prime writing time. I was at least able to read almost a book a day, which gave me plenty of topics for after the challenge.

I did manage to get all of my posts completed and posted prior to midnight on April 30th. That means in a sense, I completed the challenge. I didn't post daily like I was supposed to, but darn it, I finished it!

I'm not sure if I will be able to maintain this particular blog for another round of A to Z next year. I guess only time will tell! I still have 10 1/2 months to prepare....

Here are the titles from this year's challenge. Click on one if you are interested.

A is for Austen
B is for Bryson
C is for Cabot
D is for Daphne du Maurier
E is for Edgar Allen Poe
F is for Frankenstein
G is for Gayle
H is for Hornby
I is for Irving
J is for James
K is for Krakauer
L is for Lamb
M is for Mountains
N is for Nature
O is for O. Henry
P is for Paranormal Romance
Q is for Queue
R is for Richard Bachman
S is for Salinger
T is for Twain
U is for Unwinding
V is for Vonnegut
W is for Wilde
X is for Xenophobes Guides
Y is for Yarn
Z is for Zinn

And here are last year's handful of posts:

A is for Andrews
B is for Bronte
C is for Capote
D is for Dexter
E is for Encyclopedia

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you did 2 blogs, 2 challenges - double congratulations!
    Congratulation on finishing the challenge.

    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.