Saturday, March 24, 2012

6 Free Kindle Books: Cookbooks

I've been home with an injured leg, so I have had plenty of time to peruse freebies for my Kindle readers! I've even read a few of my older downloads. Today's collection includes a bunch of cookbooks. I was going to add some other ones, but alas, perusing these has made me hungry. I am going to hobble out for dinner and groceries with a friend. If I have a chance later, I will do another post with some other fun reads I have found today.

Please note that while these are all free as of the time of this posting, prices can change at any time without warning. I always grab something that *may* be good, just because it is free! Always check the "Buy" price and not the "Prime" price prior to purchasing.
No Kindle? No worries! I use free Kindle reading apps on my Droid and my laptop. I have almost enough saved up for the Kindle Fire, though!
...cookbooks...

How to Make Sherry Trifle - A Traditional English Dessert

I do have some English heritage, but I don't know a darn thing about English cooking! And apparently, the trifle that we order in our American restaurants is not at all the genuine article. This short book teaches you how to make the real thing.
Get your Kindle copy here.
How to Make Liver & Onions Gourmet Style - Authentic English Recipes

This is another offering by the same author. While the thought of liver and onions honestly turns my stomach, perhaps it isn't so bad after all? After all, it *is* a traditional English recipe!
Get your Kindle copy here.
Superfoods: Easy Lunch Ideas

Superfoods keep you healthy by fighting off illness and providing you with lots of energy. This installment in the series focuses on lunch ideas.
Get your Kindle copy here.
One Bowl: Simple Healthy Recipes for One

It's hard to find recipes for just one person, that don't leave you with days of leftovers. The beauty with these kinds of recipes is they are easily doubled to share with that special someone. They can also inspire other great recipe ideas. Recipes in here go beyond more traditional ones, too, including things like Plum Duck Breast and Warm Lentil Artichoke Salad.
Get your Kindle Copy here.
The 30-Minute Beer Expert

Ok, so this isn't a cookbook. But beer can be its own food group, right? This book is supposed to give you a background on the different types of beers, which glasses to drink each kind out of, food pairings, etc. Reviews are mixed on this one. Some people say it is the greatest beer book ever. Another group say it is the worst and filled with misinformation. They recommend just reading the food pairings section. You be the judge. It's free!
Get your Kindle copy here.
Diabetic Breakfast Recipes

I am not diabetic, but some members of my family are. But I am a firm believer in trying to incorporate more healthy recipes into my daily diet. And it never hurts to check out some of these alternatives!
Get your Kindle copy here. 

1 comment:

Due to tremendous amounts of spam, all comments are moderated and will be approved and published throughout the day.